UK: Food industry prevented limited vaccination during foot and mouth crisis, says Brown
Over six months ago the British government came close to vaccinating limited numbers of livestock across the UK in a bid to curb the spread of foot and mouth. Limited vaccination was agreed at a high-level Whitehall meeting, but then the plan was vetoed however after opposition from the food industry, according to revelations made yesterday by the former minister of agriculture, Nick Brown.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund