Food industry quotes of the week - Belgium's calorie fight, TTIP and food, AmazonFresh in UK
Belgium this week announced plans to lower the country's calorie intake, the latest nation to announce a plan devised by government and industry. In the US, Hostess Brands LLC made its fits acquisition since the business was formed from the rump of the old Hostess Brands. We ran part two of our interview with Tyrrells CEO David Milner and, on our analysis pages, published a deep-dive into what the possible Translatic Trade and Investment Partnership could mean for the food sector, while e-commerce consultants Profitero explained what the launch of AmazonFresh in the UK could mean for food manufacturers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Hershey steps up work on calories