Food industry quotes of the week - Campbell Soup Co. on GMOs, General Mills buys Epic, US dietary guidelines
This week, in the US, Campbell Soup Co. announced it would back proposed plans for blanket GMO labelling in the country, while General Mills announced its second acquisition in recent weeks, this time of meat snacks firm Epic Provisions. The industry also reacted to the release of the new Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Elsewhere, Ukraine hit back on a product embargo enforced by Russia, Danish Crown said jobs could be lost in the UK and we spoke to Urban Fresh Foods about its sale to Lotus Bakeries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review