Food industry quotes of the week - Campbell Soup Co. on GMOs, General Mills buys Epic, US dietary guidelines
This week, in the US, Campbell Soup Co. announced it would back proposed plans for blanket GMO labelling in the country, while General Mills announced its second acquisition in recent weeks, this time of meat snacks firm Epic Provisions. The industry also reacted to the release of the new Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Elsewhere, Ukraine hit back on a product embargo enforced by Russia, Danish Crown said jobs could be lost in the UK and we spoke to Urban Fresh Foods about its sale to Lotus Bakeries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant