Food industry quotes of the week - Campbell Soup Co. on GMOs, General Mills buys Epic, US dietary guidelines
This week, in the US, Campbell Soup Co. announced it would back proposed plans for blanket GMO labelling in the country, while General Mills announced its second acquisition in recent weeks, this time of meat snacks firm Epic Provisions. The industry also reacted to the release of the new Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Elsewhere, Ukraine hit back on a product embargo enforced by Russia, Danish Crown said jobs could be lost in the UK and we spoke to Urban Fresh Foods about its sale to Lotus Bakeries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO