Food industry quotes of the week - Campbell Soup Co. on GMOs, General Mills buys Epic, US dietary guidelines
This week, in the US, Campbell Soup Co. announced it would back proposed plans for blanket GMO labelling in the country, while General Mills announced its second acquisition in recent weeks, this time of meat snacks firm Epic Provisions. The industry also reacted to the release of the new Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Elsewhere, Ukraine hit back on a product embargo enforced by Russia, Danish Crown said jobs could be lost in the UK and we spoke to Urban Fresh Foods about its sale to Lotus Bakeries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund