Food industry quotes of the week - Green Giant; Arla in Africa
This week, B&G Foods announced it had acquired General Mills' struggling Green Giant business in a US$765m deal. Elsewhere, Arla Foods struck two joint ventures in Senegal and Nigeria as the dairy group looks to further expand its presence in Africa. Meanwhile, Campbell Soup Co. reported its full year results and issued a 2015/16 forecast above Wall Street estimates. Here is the week in quotes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife