Food industry quotes of the week - Green Giant; Arla in Africa
This week, B&G Foods announced it had acquired General Mills' struggling Green Giant business in a US$765m deal. Elsewhere, Arla Foods struck two joint ventures in Senegal and Nigeria as the dairy group looks to further expand its presence in Africa. Meanwhile, Campbell Soup Co. reported its full year results and issued a 2015/16 forecast above Wall Street estimates. Here is the week in quotes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations