Food industry quotes of the week - Hershey, Nutella
Hershey today (19 June) announced plans to cut 300 jobs as part of fresh efforts to improve productivity and make the company "more flexible". It also cut its 2015 sales forecast for the second time this year - and its earnings guidance for the first time - amid continued challenges in China. Elsewhere this week, we kicked off our latest management briefing, which look at the sustainability of agricultural supply chains. And Ferrero found itself under fire from a French government minister, who claimed the way the company sourced ingredients for Nutella was hurting the environment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1