Food industry quotes of the week - McCormick on Premier Foods, Unilever on spreads, Plum Organics on infant formula
McCormick & Co. took the market by surprise this week with its decision to end its pursuit of UK company Premier Foods plc. Mars Inc, meanwhile, said it would put labels on some of its non-confectionery food lines to suggest consumers only eat them occasionally. Elsewhere, Unilever reported its first-quarter sales and once again highlighted the challenges it is facing in the spreads category. We ran two more interviews from our recent visit to the Expo West trade show in the US, with Campbell Soup Co.'s baby food unit Plum Organics discussing its move into infant formula and local veggie firm Sweet Earth Natural Foods outlining how it aims to take its business mainstream.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"