Food industry quotes of the week - pressure on Hain Celestial, Chobani ad spat, Ornua's China move
US group Hain Celestial this week cut its forecasts for annual sales and earnings amid pressure on its domestic business. The company's management also presented at the ICR investment conference, where it sought to be upbeat about Hain's prospects. Staying in the US, Danone warned it could pursue legal action over Chobani's "misleading and deceptive marketing" which targeted its Light & Fit brand. Elsewhere, Irish dairy co-op Ornua announced the acquisition of Chinese group Ambrosia. And we analysed General Mills' recent acquisitions of Brazilian yoghurt maker Carolina and US meat snacks firm Epic Provisions. Here is the week in quotes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods