Food industry quotes of the week - pressure on Hain Celestial, Chobani ad spat, Ornua's China move
US group Hain Celestial this week cut its forecasts for annual sales and earnings amid pressure on its domestic business. The company's management also presented at the ICR investment conference, where it sought to be upbeat about Hain's prospects. Staying in the US, Danone warned it could pursue legal action over Chobani's "misleading and deceptive marketing" which targeted its Light & Fit brand. Elsewhere, Irish dairy co-op Ornua announced the acquisition of Chinese group Ambrosia. And we analysed General Mills' recent acquisitions of Brazilian yoghurt maker Carolina and US meat snacks firm Epic Provisions. Here is the week in quotes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report