Food industry quotes of the week - pressure on Hain Celestial, Chobani ad spat, Ornua's China move
US group Hain Celestial this week cut its forecasts for annual sales and earnings amid pressure on its domestic business. The company's management also presented at the ICR investment conference, where it sought to be upbeat about Hain's prospects. Staying in the US, Danone warned it could pursue legal action over Chobani's "misleading and deceptive marketing" which targeted its Light & Fit brand. Elsewhere, Irish dairy co-op Ornua announced the acquisition of Chinese group Ambrosia. And we analysed General Mills' recent acquisitions of Brazilian yoghurt maker Carolina and US meat snacks firm Epic Provisions. Here is the week in quotes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report