Food industry quotes of the week - Takeover interest in Premier Foods; Arla, DFA strike cheddar cheese JV; McDonald's on sugar taxes
In major news this week Premier Foods, the UK group, rejected two approaches from US spice maker McCormick & Co. - and announced plans for a tie-up with Nissin Food Holdings that will see the Japanese company take a 17% share in the Mr Kipling owner. Elsewhere, Arla Foods announced a US joint venture with Dairy Farmers of America and just-food reported live from the Consumer Analyst Group of Europe (CAGE) event. Here is the week in quotes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast