Food industry quotes of the week - Unilever's Paul Polman on Brexit, M&M's spat in Sweden, new waste standard
With the clock ticking to the UK's referendum on membership of the EU, Unilever CEO Paul Polman this week gave his stance on the subject. In Europe, a court in Sweden backed Mondelez International's complaints over Mars' use of the M&M's trademark in the country, while Swiss chocolate maker Lindt & Sprungli announced plans to promote its CFO to chief executive. A global waste standard was launched, backed by companies including Nestle and Tesco. Meanwhile, in the US, the country's Food and Drug Administration came under fire for the way product recalls are carried out and, on our interview pages, we weighed up the opportunities for companies eyeing Iran and Myanmar.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review