Food industry quotes of the week - US FDA to review nutrient claims, Dean Foods swoops for Friendly's Ice Cream units, Delfi and Orion to team up in Indonesia
US snack bar maker Kind has persuaded the country's regulator to reverse its decision to stop the company from using the word 'healthy' on its packaging, it emerged this week, with the Food and Drug Administration to set to look again at nutrient content claims more broadly. In the UK, there was criticism from some campaigners about the proposals set out to extend restrictions on TV advertising to other media. And executives at US dairy group Dean Foods and Singapore confectioner Delfi talked up their latest moves to expand inorganically.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw