Food industry quotes of the week - US FDA to review nutrient claims, Dean Foods swoops for Friendly's Ice Cream units, Delfi and Orion to team up in Indonesia
US snack bar maker Kind has persuaded the country's regulator to reverse its decision to stop the company from using the word 'healthy' on its packaging, it emerged this week, with the Food and Drug Administration to set to look again at nutrient content claims more broadly. In the UK, there was criticism from some campaigners about the proposals set out to extend restrictions on TV advertising to other media. And executives at US dairy group Dean Foods and Singapore confectioner Delfi talked up their latest moves to expand inorganically.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review