Food industry quotes of the week - US FDA to review nutrient claims, Dean Foods swoops for Friendly's Ice Cream units, Delfi and Orion to team up in Indonesia
US snack bar maker Kind has persuaded the country's regulator to reverse its decision to stop the company from using the word 'healthy' on its packaging, it emerged this week, with the Food and Drug Administration to set to look again at nutrient content claims more broadly. In the UK, there was criticism from some campaigners about the proposals set out to extend restrictions on TV advertising to other media. And executives at US dairy group Dean Foods and Singapore confectioner Delfi talked up their latest moves to expand inorganically.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin