Food industry quotes of the week - US FDA to review nutrient claims, Dean Foods swoops for Friendly's Ice Cream units, Delfi and Orion to team up in Indonesia
US snack bar maker Kind has persuaded the country's regulator to reverse its decision to stop the company from using the word 'healthy' on its packaging, it emerged this week, with the Food and Drug Administration to set to look again at nutrient content claims more broadly. In the UK, there was criticism from some campaigners about the proposals set out to extend restrictions on TV advertising to other media. And executives at US dairy group Dean Foods and Singapore confectioner Delfi talked up their latest moves to expand inorganically.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO