Food industry quotes of the week - Wilmar International's new India venture, Danone's push for kids yoghurt Danonino, Tiger Brands cautious on South Africa
Singapore-based agri-food group Wilmar International and two Indian businesses - Adani Enterprises and Ruchi Soya - this week set out plans for a venture to "create one of India's leading FMCG companies". Tiger Brands, the South African consumer goods business, was cautious about consumer sentiment in its domestic market. And Danish Crown, the Denmark-based meat co-op, reflected on lower half-year profits. We also spoke to the global marketing director for Danone kids yoghurt brand Danonino and with the Round Table on Responsible Soy, the body driving the cultivation and sourcing of more sustainable soy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods