UK: Food manufacturing industry on Datamonitor report on consumer trends
"Over the past few years, food manufacturers have responded to increasing consumer demand for food to eat on the go, so I'm not surprised to see sales of ready meals in the UK reach £2.24 billion. However, convenience doesn't mean compromising on quality. Every day, consumers enjoy 100,000s of 'convenient' products including ready meals, which offer high quality, tasty and wholesome cuisine from around the world and are a far cry from the TV dinners of 15-20 years ago."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti