UK: Food manufacturing industry on Datamonitor report on consumer trends
"Over the past few years, food manufacturers have responded to increasing consumer demand for food to eat on the go, so I'm not surprised to see sales of ready meals in the UK reach £2.24 billion. However, convenience doesn't mean compromising on quality. Every day, consumers enjoy 100,000s of 'convenient' products including ready meals, which offer high quality, tasty and wholesome cuisine from around the world and are a far cry from the TV dinners of 15-20 years ago."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre