UK: Food manufacturing industry on Datamonitor report on consumer trends
"Over the past few years, food manufacturers have responded to increasing consumer demand for food to eat on the go, so I'm not surprised to see sales of ready meals in the UK reach £2.24 billion. However, convenience doesn't mean compromising on quality. Every day, consumers enjoy 100,000s of 'convenient' products including ready meals, which offer high quality, tasty and wholesome cuisine from around the world and are a far cry from the TV dinners of 15-20 years ago."
Martin Paterson, Deputy Director General, Food and Drink Federation
To read the Datamonitor report, click here.
Companies: Food and Drink Federation
Traffic lights, GDAs, signposting - whatever format it takes in the end, front-of-pack nutritional labelling is something the UK's Food Standards Agency is desperate to introduce in a bid to encourage...
The UK's Food and Drink Federation has welcomed the government's decision to accept advice from the Food Standards Agency (FSA) to replace the Over Thirty Months (OTM) rule with BSE testing....
The UK's Food Standards Agency has said that an effective system to test cattle aged over 30 months (OTM) for BSE before they enter the food chain has now been developed....
The UK government has published plans for the future of the sea fishing industry....
The number of the recorded number of food poisoning cases in the UK has fallen by almost 17,000 in the past four years from around 96,000 to 78,921, according to the Food and Drink Federation....
The Food and Drink Federation has today (Wednesday) appointed Melanie Leech as Director General. She will take up the post on 15 August 2005....
The Food Standards Agency has announced the setting up of an incidents task force to strengthen existing controls in the food chain in order to reduce the possibility of future contamination incidents...
UK food industry body the Food and Drink Federation today (Monday) launched a new information leaflet called 'A Guide to Nutrition Labels' and designed to help consumers better understand what's on an...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review