Food market news of the week - Amplify Snack Brands buys Tyrrells, Flowers Foods' profit warning, Meat giant OSI buys Dutch firm Baho Food
Amplify Snack Brands, the US snack business, this week announced its biggest takeover to date, with a deal to buy UK crisp firm Tyrrells from private-equity firm Investcorp. US bakery giant Flowers Foods issued a profit warning alongside news it has hired Accenture to help with a review of the business. And meat giant OSI Group outlined plans to take control of Dutch convenience food firm Baho Food.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea