Food market news of the week - Amplify Snack Brands buys Tyrrells, Flowers Foods' profit warning, Meat giant OSI buys Dutch firm Baho Food
Amplify Snack Brands, the US snack business, this week announced its biggest takeover to date, with a deal to buy UK crisp firm Tyrrells from private-equity firm Investcorp. US bakery giant Flowers Foods issued a profit warning alongside news it has hired Accenture to help with a review of the business. And meat giant OSI Group outlined plans to take control of Dutch convenience food firm Baho Food.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth