Food market news of the week - Amplify Snack Brands buys Tyrrells, Flowers Foods' profit warning, Meat giant OSI buys Dutch firm Baho Food
Amplify Snack Brands, the US snack business, this week announced its biggest takeover to date, with a deal to buy UK crisp firm Tyrrells from private-equity firm Investcorp. US bakery giant Flowers Foods issued a profit warning alongside news it has hired Accenture to help with a review of the business. And meat giant OSI Group outlined plans to take control of Dutch convenience food firm Baho Food.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant