Food market news of the week - Amplify Snack Brands buys Tyrrells, Flowers Foods' profit warning, Meat giant OSI buys Dutch firm Baho Food
Amplify Snack Brands, the US snack business, this week announced its biggest takeover to date, with a deal to buy UK crisp firm Tyrrells from private-equity firm Investcorp. US bakery giant Flowers Foods issued a profit warning alongside news it has hired Accenture to help with a review of the business. And meat giant OSI Group outlined plans to take control of Dutch convenience food firm Baho Food.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units