Food market news of the week - ConAgra, Nestle, Aryzta, Nature's Path
The trend for US food majors to spice up their growth prospects with the acquisition of smaller brands continued this week with ConAgra Foods moving for sauces-and-salsa group Frontera Foods. Meanwhile, further south in Brazil, it emerged Nestle could be close to clearing anti-trust concerns over its acquisition of chocolate maker Garoto in 2002 and finalising the deal. Our financial pages included analysis of the annual results of bakery giant Aryzta, which reported declining earnings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix