Food market news of the week - ConAgra, Nestle, Aryzta, Nature's Path
The trend for US food majors to spice up their growth prospects with the acquisition of smaller brands continued this week with ConAgra Foods moving for sauces-and-salsa group Frontera Foods. Meanwhile, further south in Brazil, it emerged Nestle could be close to clearing anti-trust concerns over its acquisition of chocolate maker Garoto in 2002 and finalising the deal. Our financial pages included analysis of the annual results of bakery giant Aryzta, which reported declining earnings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant