Food market news of the week - Mars unifies confectionery arms, McCormick in arbitration over India JV, Unilever revamps food R&D
This week saw Mars buy Warren Buffett's stake in Wrigley, giving the US group 100% of the chewing gum maker and consolidating its confectionery businesses. On our M&A pages, we featured how South Africa's Rhodes Food Group is looking to buy local peer Pakco, Australia's Freedom Foods Group is investing in one of its partners in China and a deal in Europe's private-label bakery sector. McCormick & Co.'s dispute in India with a venture partner headed to arbitration in India and Unilever announced a shake-up to its food R&D in Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO