Food market news of the week - Mars unifies confectionery arms, McCormick in arbitration over India JV, Unilever revamps food R&D
This week saw Mars buy Warren Buffett's stake in Wrigley, giving the US group 100% of the chewing gum maker and consolidating its confectionery businesses. On our M&A pages, we featured how South Africa's Rhodes Food Group is looking to buy local peer Pakco, Australia's Freedom Foods Group is investing in one of its partners in China and a deal in Europe's private-label bakery sector. McCormick & Co.'s dispute in India with a venture partner headed to arbitration in India and Unilever announced a shake-up to its food R&D in Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti