Food market news of the week - Trump and the food industry, 3G Capital rumours, Ferrero's Delacre bid
The story this week - period - was the shock election of Donald Trump as the US President. We looked at how the installation of the billionaire businessman in the White House could affect the food industry. Elsewhere, shares in a number of US food companies rose amid talk in Brazil that private-equity firm - and Kraft Heinz owner - 3G Capital was raising funds for more M&A. And, in Europe, Ferrero's bid to buy Belgian biscuit maker Delacre from Pladis is now in the hands of competition officials.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO