Food market news of the week - Trump and the food industry, 3G Capital rumours, Ferrero's Delacre bid
The story this week - period - was the shock election of Donald Trump as the US President. We looked at how the installation of the billionaire businessman in the White House could affect the food industry. Elsewhere, shares in a number of US food companies rose amid talk in Brazil that private-equity firm - and Kraft Heinz owner - 3G Capital was raising funds for more M&A. And, in Europe, Ferrero's bid to buy Belgian biscuit maker Delacre from Pladis is now in the hands of competition officials.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action