Food market quotes of the week - JBS on CEO's position, Fyffes strikes again, concern in UK over antibiotic use
The CEO of meat giant JBS found his position in some uncertainty this week after a court in Brazil reportedly temporarily ordered him to stand down. In Canada, Fyffes made its second acquisition local in five months and, in the US, Mondelez outlined plans to up its presence in the country's chocolate market. In Europe, France heard calls for a tax on high-calorie foods, while in the UK, research claimed to show antibiotic use in the food chain was leading to the presence of E.coli in supermarket meat resistant to drugs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund