Food market quotes of the week - JBS on CEO's position, Fyffes strikes again, concern in UK over antibiotic use
The CEO of meat giant JBS found his position in some uncertainty this week after a court in Brazil reportedly temporarily ordered him to stand down. In Canada, Fyffes made its second acquisition local in five months and, in the US, Mondelez outlined plans to up its presence in the country's chocolate market. In Europe, France heard calls for a tax on high-calorie foods, while in the UK, research claimed to show antibiotic use in the food chain was leading to the presence of E.coli in supermarket meat resistant to drugs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review