Food market quotes of the week - Market chatter links Mondelez to Kraft Heinz, Campbell CEO unhappy with performance, RCL Foods warns on South Africa's poultry sector
Mondelez International kicked off the week by ending its interest in Hershey - and immediately some on Wall Street suggested the Cadbury maker could become a takeover target itself. Elsewhere, Campbell Soup Co. CEO Denise Morrison provided a rare instance of candour from a chief executive by admitting she was displeased with the US group's recent performance. And South Africa's RCL Foods issued a warning about trading conditions in the country's poultry sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales