Food market quotes of the week - Market chatter links Mondelez to Kraft Heinz, Campbell CEO unhappy with performance, RCL Foods warns on South Africa's poultry sector
Mondelez International kicked off the week by ending its interest in Hershey - and immediately some on Wall Street suggested the Cadbury maker could become a takeover target itself. Elsewhere, Campbell Soup Co. CEO Denise Morrison provided a rare instance of candour from a chief executive by admitting she was displeased with the US group's recent performance. And South Africa's RCL Foods issued a warning about trading conditions in the country's poultry sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations