USA: The technology exists: Food recalls could soon be a thing of the past
WHAT: Recent food recalls for wiener products need not be repeated thanks to a new, proprietary ultrahigh-pressure system called Fresher Under Pressure®. This technology has been shown to eradicate pathogens such as Listeria monocytogenes, salmonella, and e.coli. Fresher Under Pressure harnesses the natural, low-heat advantage of hydrostatic pressure to destroy the specific cell structure of pathogens found in certain foods, while maintaining the product's inherent nutritional value, taste, and color. SIGNIFICANCE: Many manufacturers of fresh foods such as juices, sauces, meats, and seafood in the United States and abroad are currently utilizing Fresher Under Pressure as an alternative to food safety systems such as pasteurization, irradiation, or chemicals. WHO: Flow International Corporation of Kent, Washington, has developed and currently manufactures Fresher Under Pressure systems for the food manufacturing industry. The company, which has over 50 years of experience in ultrahigh-pressure machine-tool technology, is currently directing its research and resources toward the development and implementation of food safety solutions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report