USA: The technology exists: Food recalls could soon be a thing of the past
WHAT: Recalls for smoked trout need not be repeated thanks to a new, proprietary ultrahigh-pressure system called Fresher Under Pressure®. This technology has been shown to eradicate pathogens such as Listeria monocytogenes, salmonella, and e.coli. Fresher Under Pressure harnesses the natural, low-heat advantage of hydrostatic pressure to destroy the specific cell structure of pathogens found in certain foods, while maintaining the product's inherent nutritional value, taste, and color. SIGNIFICANCE: Many manufacturers of fresh foods such as juices, sauces, meats, and seafood in the United States and abroad are currently utilizing Fresher Under Pressure as an alternative to food safety systems such as pasteurization, irradiation, or chemicals. WHO: Flow International Corporation of Kent, Washington, has developed and currently manufactures Fresher Under Pressure systems for the food manufacturing industry. The company, which has over 50 years of experience in ultrahigh-pressure machine-tool technology, is currently directing its research and resources toward the development and implementation of food safety solutions. For more information, contact the following individuals at FLOW: Ed Ting: Food Technology Scientist Rick Marshall: Food Group Vice President Ron Tarrant: CEO and President Telephone: 253/850-3500Or visit
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti