USA: The technology exists: Food recalls could soon be a thing of the past
Recalls for smoked trout need not be repeated thanks to a new, proprietary ultrahigh-pressure system called Fresher Under Pressure®. This technology has been shown to eradicate pathogens such as Listeria monocytogenes, salmonella, and e.coli.
Fresher Under Pressure harnesses the natural, low-heat advantage of hydrostatic pressure to destroy the specific cell structure of pathogens found in certain foods, while maintaining the product's inherent nutritional value, taste, and color.
Many manufacturers of fresh foods such as juices, sauces, meats, and seafood in the United States and abroad are currently utilizing Fresher Under Pressure as an alternative to food safety systems such as pasteurization, irradiation, or chemicals.
Flow International Corporation of Kent, Washington, has developed and currently manufactures Fresher Under Pressure systems for the food manufacturing industry. The company, which has over 50 years of experience in ultrahigh-pressure machine-tool technology, is currently directing its research and resources toward the development and implementation of food safety solutions.
For more information, contact the following individuals at FLOW:
Ed Ting: Food Technology Scientist
Rick Marshall: Food Group Vice President
Ron Tarrant: CEO and President
Or visit www.fresherunderpressure.com
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review