UK: Food retailers lead the way in product, store innovation
Food retailing remains one of the most dynamic and innovative retail sectors in the UK with sales forecast to grow by 17% between 2001 and 2006, according to a new report from Mintel's Retail Intelligence. The report adds that the rationalisation started by US giant Wal-Mart and the Carrefour-Promodès deal still has far to go but the food retailing sector is becoming increasingly concentrated and there has been talk of further concentration in the multiple sector itself, with speculation about possible mergers between the majors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units