USA: Food scientist Dr. Susan Ferenc joins GMA as VP, Scientific and regulatory policy
Susan A. Ferenc, DVM, Ph.D., an expert in biological, health and environmental risk assessment has been named Vice President, Scientific and Regulatory Policy at the Grocery Manufacturers of America.Dr. Ferenc, who served as a risk scientist for USDA's Office of Risk Assessment and Cost Benefit Analysis from 1996 to 1998, most recently was a Senior Scientist at the International Life Science Institute's (ILSI) Risk Science Institute in Washington, DC. At GMA, she will develop and coordinate implementation of scientific and regulatory programs in areas including nutrition and labeling, food safety, biotechnology, functional foods, pesticides and international regulation of food. "The addition of Dr. Ferenc strengthens the GMA team and will help us pursue our scientific and regulatory mission with vigor," said C. Manly Molpus, President and CEO of GMA. "Her strong experience in risk assessment and in international scientific issues will be valuable in shaping GMA policy and communicating our members' positions to key audiences." Dr. Ferenc earned her doctorate in Food and Resource Economics from the University of Florida and her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from Michigan State University. At the ILSI Risk Science Institute, she coordinated international conferences on food safety and participated in Food and Agriculture Organization/World health Organization expert consultations. "Dr. Ferenc has earned a solid reputation as a thoughtful and articulate advocate for risk analysis, food safety and environmental health in speaking with international organizations," noted Molpus. Dr. Ferenc has spoken and has been extensively published on issues ranging from risk perception and communication in decision making to ecological risks and impacts. She will join GMA on December 4, 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report