UGANDA: Food security bolstered as seasonal weather forecast promises bumper harvests
An agricultural expert has confirmed that Uganda is guaranteed food security over the coming year, after last season bought a bumper harvest of crops. Speaking at a seminar designed to analyse the impact of the seasonal weather forecast between September-December 2001, Annunciata Hakuza Nkeza said that she expects a similarly good harvest in the second season: "We have not yet completed compiling the data on the harvest, but the indications we have are that crops performed well in the whole country.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea