UGANDA: Food security bolstered as seasonal weather forecast promises bumper harvests
An agricultural expert has confirmed that Uganda is guaranteed food security over the coming year, after last season bought a bumper harvest of crops. Speaking at a seminar designed to analyse the impact of the seasonal weather forecast between September-December 2001, Annunciata Hakuza Nkeza said that she expects a similarly good harvest in the second season: "We have not yet completed compiling the data on the harvest, but the indications we have are that crops performed well in the whole country.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations