INDIA: Food specialists claim mustard health benefits
Food specialists in India are promoting mustard-based oil as the latest healthy food choice, claiming its properties fight disease and prevent health problems arising. "Mustard as an edible oil is superior to other cooking medium because it has the lowest saturated fat content and a balanced ratio of polyunsaturated fats," H.B.Singh, director of India's Mustard Research and Promotion Consortium, has said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods