UK: Food Standards Agency Acts to Maintain High Standard of Controls on BSE Infectivity
This is in line with the principles set out in the Action Plan for Farming, announced by the Prime Minister on 30th March this year.
The current annual cost of enforcing the necessary regulations - which require the removal and safe disposal of animal tissue that may contain BSE infectivity - for these two extra years is estimated at around £20 million a year.
Today's decision to continue the funding until 31st March 2004 means that the industry will not have to face an extra financial burden. It also means that consumers - whose interests are paramount in all that the Agency does - can be reassured that safety controls are being maintained to a high standard without any of the costs being passed on.
The US Department of Agriculture says it has identified the source of the case of BSE confirmed recently....
US agriculture secretary Mike Johanns has announced that the US Department of Agriculture has received final test results from the Veterinary Laboratories Agency in Weybridge, England, confirming that...
Biotechnology company Vacci-Test Corporation has announced that a simple, reliable and economical diagnostic tool for the detection in live cattle of infectious brain diseases, including Bovine Spongi...
The US Department of Agriculture has said a suspected BSE sample has been sent to the UK for further testing after two separate tests gave different results....
The Ugandan government has banned the import of all dairy products to stop the possible entry of the disease BSE, according to the agency AFP....
Japan's independent Food Safety Commission has today (Friday) approved an easing of the blanket testing of all cows for BSE, paving the way for lifting an import ban on US beef, the Kyodo news agency ...
Over zealous application of new EU hygiene laws by the UK authorities could lead to the closure of more than a third of abattoirs according to a BBC report....
The Food Standards Agency says that Ebenezer Foods palm oil has been found to be contaminated with the illegal dye, Sudan IV....
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report