UK: Food Standards Agency board member Valerie Howarth appointed to The House of Lords
The Food Standards Agency today welcomed the appointment of its board member Valerie Howarth to the House of Lords. She is one of 15 new peers appointed today. Suzi Leather, deputy chair of the Agency said: " Valerie has been a valued member of our Board since the launch of the Agency last year. I have no doubt that with her wealth of experience she will make a significant contribution to the work of the House of Lords. For the Agency, we are delighted that her appointment means there will be a new consumer champion in the Lord's, with an in-depth knowledge of the key issues concerning protecting people's health and the interest of consumers in relation to food. "
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- General Mills issues profit warning