UK: Food Standards Agency board member Valerie Howarth appointed to The House of Lords
The Food Standards Agency today welcomed the appointment of its board member Valerie Howarth to the House of Lords. She is one of 15 new peers appointed today. Suzi Leather, deputy chair of the Agency said: " Valerie has been a valued member of our Board since the launch of the Agency last year. I have no doubt that with her wealth of experience she will make a significant contribution to the work of the House of Lords. For the Agency, we are delighted that her appointment means there will be a new consumer champion in the Lord's, with an in-depth knowledge of the key issues concerning protecting people's health and the interest of consumers in relation to food. "
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry