UK: Food Standards Agency consults on retaining current controls in BSE review
The Food Standards Agency is to start public consultation until the beginning of November on its draft report of BSE controls.Sir John Krebs, Chairman of the Agency, said: " The protection of the public has been the guiding principle of this review. The evidence is that the current controls, which are based on a precautionary approach, are working. But, because of the high level of uncertainty, the review suggeststhat the current approach be retained in the immediate future subject toemerging scientific knowledge." In the light of the serious consequences of BSE for the human population it is right that this review is subject to extensive consultation and scrutiny before reaching its final recommendations."The full report is available from
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020