UK: Food Standards Agency to Reduce Food Poisoning by 20%
The newly established Food Standards Agency is to tackle the increasing cost of food poisoning with the funding announced in the Government's spending review. Up to 4.5 million people a year are estimated to suffer from food-borne disease. Of these, there are about half a million cases of the most common forms of food poisoning (Campylobacter, Salmonella) and up to 750,000 people a year consult their GPs suffering from these illnesses. Around 50-60 people a year die from food poisoning.The cost to the NHS and business is estimated to be £79 a case, putting the annual cost at up to £350 million a year. The costs of the most common forms of food poisoning (Campylobacter, Salmonella) is estimated at £110 million a year.Plans include:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review