UK: Food watchdog urges speedy action from Agriculture Ministers
The Food Standards Agency is urging Agriculture Ministers to begin an immediate phase-out of certain pesticides in order to meet new EU regulations. Directive 2000/42/EC reduces the maximum residue levels for several hundred pesticide/foodstuff combinations to such low levels that they cannot effectively be used, thereby banning their sale and use. This means that some pesticides will not be permitted for sale or use at all, others will not be able to be used with certain specified foodstuffs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO