AUSTRALIA: Food-way integrates Spar stores in Oz
Independent retailer Food-way is to take over the 52 stores owned by Spar in Australia. The Spar banner will disappear and all 52 stores rebranded under the Food-way banner. Spar Australia and Food-way have been in talks since November last year, when Spar committed to a national proposal, said Spar chairman Paul Dean. "Initially we spoke to Food-way in regard to synergy savings," he said, adding: "It seemed they already had in place what we had been pushing for in the last three years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"