UK: Food writers hold independent debate as they call for government action
In the light of recent UK and global events, the issue of long-term food security has never been more urgent, according to the independent body, the Guild of Food Writers . With the heavy reliance of UK agriculture and food supplies on oil and other inputs and the ongoing foot and mouth crisis that may resurge with the coming cold weather, the Guild believes the issue of sustainable agriculture and food supply in the UK must rise on the Government's agenda.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre