USA: Food.com Names Steven C. Reiss as Chief Technology Officer
Food.com, the leading online source for food and dining information and services, today announced the appointment of Steven C. Reiss to chief technology officer. Reiss will report to John Laing, Food.com's executive vice president and chief operating officer. Reiss joins Food.com from marchFIRST, the Internet professional services firm formed from the merger of Whittman-Hart and USWeb/CKS, where he was a managing architect. At marchFIRST, Reiss was responsible for strategic and tactical services for companies emerging into the e-commerce marketplace, including Levi Strauss & Co., Mattel, and the Media Arts Group, distributors of Thomas Kinkade artwork and products. Prior to marchFIRST, Reiss was at Silicon Graphics Computer Systems where he led numerous engineering and marketing efforts, such as data mining and visualization, database engineering, product marketing, and technical marketing. "Food.com is dedicated to progressive improvements in the technology and functionality of the Web site," said Laing. "Steve Reiss has extensive experience in the technology field, and we are excited that he will join us in our charge to become the food and dining destination on the Web." Reiss has more than 25 years of experience in the computer software and hardware industry. Throughout his career, Reiss has worked in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, formal software development methodologies, database technology, Internet strategy and application architecture, data mining, and data visualization. He also held engineering director positions at Informix Software, Flycast Communications, and Teknowledge. Reiss received a master's degree in computer science from the University of California -- Irvine, and he graduated with a bachelor's degree in applied science from the University of California -- Riverside.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review