USA: foodconnex and Commerce One Finalize Deal
Auburn, California-based food exchange concern foodconnex worldwide(TM) has finalized plans with Commerce One, Inc. (Nasdaq:CMRC - news), the leader in global e-commerce solutions for business, to deliver business-to-business e-marketplace solutions for the food industry. foodconnex selected the Commerce One Solution and has joined the Global Trading Web(TM), a network of many e-marketplaces running on the Commerce One MarketSite(TM) Portal Solution. As part of the agreement, Commerce One has invested in foodconnex worldwide to further their commitment to this industry vertical. Through a vertical application, foodconnex will provide a one-stop-shop for companies involved in the food industry, at all levels from manufacture through purchase. And, by use of "open architecture," foodconnex can conveniently hook into a company's existing IT infrastructure, allowing for greater purchasing power, industry relations, sharing of information and tracking of trends. "The food industry has many existing routes of e-commerce, but until now they have operated independently, and not always in the best interests of efficiency," said Kent Rhodes, CEO of foodconnex. "We expect foodconnex to offer a single hub through which all participants can connect, trade, share information and forge new strategic partnerships," he added. "By leveraging Commerce One's expertise in creating e-marketplaces and foodconnex's strong, long-term relationships with suppliers and buyers, we expect to create a dynamic market for this industry," said Mark Hoffman, CEO of Commerce One.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report