USA: Fooderama Supermarkets names new CEO
US retailer Fooderama Supermarkets has named Richard Saker as its new chief executive, following the resignation of founder Joseph Saker.
Joseph Saker, who has held the position of chief executive since the company was established in 1958, is to continue with the company as executive chairman under a two-year deal.
Saker's son Richard, who has worked for the company for 34 years, held the position of president and chief operating officer before being promoted to CEO.
The Saker family owns around 40% of Fooderama, reported Dow Jones Commodities Service.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti