AUSTRALIA: Foodland begins review of Farmers Holdings
Australian retailer Foodland has said it is reviewing its ownership of New Zealand department store and consumer finance unit Farmers Holdings. The company said it decided to review its only non-food business in the wake of Foodland's two recent acquisitions. "It may well be that divesting Farmers will provide a clearer focus and direction for both Foodland and Farmers to the advantage of all stakeholders," managing director Trevor Coates was quoted by Dow Jones International News as saying.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- UK food companies to miss sugar target