AUSTRALIA: Foodland begins review of Farmers Holdings
Australian retailer Foodland has said it is reviewing its ownership of New Zealand department store and consumer finance unit Farmers Holdings.
The company said it decided to review its only non-food business in the wake of Foodland's two recent acquisitions.
"It may well be that divesting Farmers will provide a clearer focus and direction for both Foodland and Farmers to the advantage of all stakeholders," managing director Trevor Coates was quoted by Dow Jones International News as saying.
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO