AUSTRALIA: Foodland receives tax-dodging bill for A$51.8m, denies charges
A bill for A$51.8m will shortly be arriving at the door of Perth-based Foodland Associated , following accusations from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) that the wholesaler and retailer has so far avoided paying the tax on two corporate transactions made in New Zealand eight years ago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action