AUSTRALIA: Foodland settles with NZ Foodstuffs with promise of supermarket sale
Sydney-based supermarket giant Foodland Associated revealed earlier today [Friday] that it has settled its legal dispute with New Zealand grocer Foodstuffs. The dispute revolved around Foodland's acquisition of Foodstuffs' NZ competitor Woolworths. Foodland has now agreed to sell its Birkenhead supermarket business and associated assets to Foodstuffs in the second quarter of 2003.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week