AUSTRALIA: Foodland settles with NZ Foodstuffs with promise of supermarket sale
Sydney-based supermarket giant Foodland Associated revealed earlier today [Friday] that it has settled its legal dispute with New Zealand grocer Foodstuffs. The dispute revolved around Foodland's acquisition of Foodstuffs' NZ competitor Woolworths. Foodland has now agreed to sell its Birkenhead supermarket business and associated assets to Foodstuffs in the second quarter of 2003.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega