AUSTRALIA: Foodland to appeal to Privy Council over Progressive acquisition plans
The third largest grocer in Australia, Foodland Associated, is to appeal to the Privy Council over the acquisition plans of its NZ subsidiary Progressive Enterprises. Progressive will appeal against a NZ Court of Appeal decision which last December overturned the clearance granted to Progressive to bid for Hong Kong-based Dairy Farm International's subsidiary, Woolworths NZ.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods