AUSTRALIA: Foodland to go head to head with retail goliaths
West Australian supermarket chain Foodland is set to head to head with retail giants Woolworths and Coles Myer on the country's eastern seaboard. Shortly after the group posted a 16% increase in its first quarter profit, Foodland revealed ambitious plans to open as many as 50 stores throughout Queensland over the course of the next five years. CEO Trevor Coates told the Daily
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea