AUSTRALIA: Foodland to go head to head with retail goliaths
West Australian supermarket chain Foodland is set to head to head with retail giants Woolworths and Coles Myer on the country's eastern seaboard. Shortly after the group posted a 16% increase in its first quarter profit, Foodland revealed ambitious plans to open as many as 50 stores throughout Queensland over the course of the next five years. CEO Trevor Coates told the Daily
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund