USA: foodline.com hits the rocks
Paul Lightfoot always said he had "an appetite for risk," and he just found out that taking risks doesn't always pay. In 1998 Lightfoot quit the legal profession to found New York online restaurant reservation system www.foodline.com . The initial US$250,000 he and his business partner, chef Robert Thomas, raised from family and friends, was ramped up with US$13m funding from various trade partners and venture capitalists. But it seems that even this level of backing wasn't sufficient to keep foodline.com on its feet after the anticipated growth in demand failed to materialise.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review