UK: Foodoo goes bust, EggsBenefit looks set to crack
Foodoo , the UK-based food and drink online magazine, has ceased trading following its failure to secure second round funding. Backed by celebrity chefs and wine experts including Sophie Grigson, Gordon Ramsay, Gary Rhodes and Anthony Worral Thompson, the site boasted recipes, cookbooks, news, features and guides but failed to impress the people who mattered. With funding not forthcoming, the company will be seeking approval from members and creditors to go into voluntary liquidation.Foodoo required investment of £10m to fund its plans to sell food and wine online - plans that might have eventually generated revenue, as although the marketplace is filling up, endorsement from a number of famous chefs may have given Foodoo the edge. As it was, the site had only advertising income to keep it going, and that proved insufficient, especially after electrical retailer
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image