NEW ZEALAND: Foodstuffs mulling Southfresh takeover
Foodstuffs Wellington is eying a bid for beleaguered online fish retailer Southfresh. Foodstuffs Wellington is currently drawing up a range of business-to-business e-commerce plans to be undertaken in partnership with Foodstuffs South Island and Foodstuffs Auckland, reports IDG Data. Foodstuffs Wellington's retail general manager Graham Douglas says buying Southfresh is a strong possibility. If it doesn't happen, the ensuing closure of Southfresh would send the company back to square one in dealing with seafood suppliers, added Douglas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- US targets increased organic production