NEW ZEALAND: Foodstuffs mulling Southfresh takeover
Foodstuffs Wellington is eying a bid for beleaguered online fish retailer Southfresh. Foodstuffs Wellington is currently drawing up a range of business-to-business e-commerce plans to be undertaken in partnership with Foodstuffs South Island and Foodstuffs Auckland, reports IDG Data. Foodstuffs Wellington's retail general manager Graham Douglas says buying Southfresh is a strong possibility. If it doesn't happen, the ensuing closure of Southfresh would send the company back to square one in dealing with seafood suppliers, added Douglas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action