USA: FoodUSA.com determined to carry on trading despite difficulties
Contrary to reports carried on UpsideToday.com last week and circulated around the food sector as a result, FoodUSA.com , the online marketplace focusing on the US meat sector, has not closed down but is "rethinking its strategy." FoodUSA.com Chief Marketing Officer Tom O'Connell has reportedly admitted that the disclosure of the company's financial plight was an "embarrassing public relations gaffe." The disclosure came from company founder Rod Heller, who O'Connell claims now has a limited role in the company's day-to-day operations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever