UK: Foodvest now Findus Group; gets new CEO
The company behind the Findus and Young's brands in the UK ushered in a new chief executive today (1 June) with the arrival of ex-Numico baby food boss Chris Britton.
Britton replaced former CEO Per Harkjaer, who will leave the business in the "next few weeks" due to "differing perspectives" with private equity owner Lion Capital on how to manage the business.
Foodvest has also been renamed as Findus Group and will comprise the Findus, Young's and The Seafood Co. businesses.
The group will focus on "greater synergy between the operating companies", it said.
Lion Capital bought Foodvest last July and it acquired Young's, the UK's largest branded seafood group, The Seafood Co., a producer of private-label seafood and the continental operations of Findus, the leading frozen food business in Scandinavia.
The UK rights to the Findus brand moved to Foodvest in April three months after the holder of the manufacturing licence in the country went into administration.
Greencore is a private-label giant with a business that spans from sandwiches to sauces and from pickles to puddings. However, with operations centred on convenience, the last year has been a tricky o...
With just a month left of 2009, our thoughts are turning to what shape the food industry landscape will take as we enter a new decade. This week, HJ Heinz, meat giant Tyson Foods and Russian dairy bus...
Greencore chief executive Patrick Coveney today (25 November) hinted that the private-label group could soon be closing in on acquisition targets in the US....
US ketchup giant Heinz has said that it will ramp up its marketing spending in the second half of the year in a bid drive sustainable sales growth....
GM waded back into view this week with a report from the UK's Food Standards Agency detailing consumers' current wishes on the issue. Formal appointments were made for the European Commission, includi...
Canadian frozen food company McCain Foods is to sell its Taiwanese manufacturing plant to speciality Taiwanese food processer Sinkung....
LDC, the French poultry group, has insisted that it has made no decision on whether it would offload part of ready-meal unit Marie, which the company bought two months ago....
Heinz has sold its private label frozen desserts business in the UK to PoleStar Foods....
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why "added-value" is key in LatAm yoghurt
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)