INDIA: FoodWorld to manufacture own-label bread through JV with Elite
Indian food retailer FoodWorld has joined forces with Kerala bakery Elite , which will manufacture bread under the FoodWorld brand. Founded in Madras in 1996, FoodWorld already stocks three kinds of bread under its own label. By the middle of August, the Elite JV should see nine different types of FoodWorld-branded bread on its shelves. These will include speciality breads such as fruit and friend onion bread. Elite will broaden the range to include non-loaf bread from pizza bases, buns and soup sticks, with tea cakes in the pipeline for the future, reported the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin