UK: Foot and Mouth aid announcement - NFU response
The Government's immediate and direct response to a request from the NFU for desperately-needed help for livestock farmers was welcomed today as sign that the gravity of the foot and mouth crisis has been recognised. Agriculture Minister Nick Brown announced the Government would apply for all of the available £152 million "agrimoney" compensation for beef, sheep and dairy farmers, arising from the drop in incomes for the year 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- General Mills books lower 9M sales and profits