UK: Foot and Mouth aid announcement - NFU response
The Government's immediate and direct response to a request from the NFU for desperately-needed help for livestock farmers was welcomed today as sign that the gravity of the foot and mouth crisis has been recognised. Agriculture Minister Nick Brown announced the Government would apply for all of the available £152 million "agrimoney" compensation for beef, sheep and dairy farmers, arising from the drop in incomes for the year 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"