UK: Foot and Mouth aid announcement - NFU response
The Government's immediate and direct response to a request from the NFU for desperately-needed help for livestock farmers was welcomed today as sign that the gravity of the foot and mouth crisis has been recognised. Agriculture Minister Nick Brown announced the Government would apply for all of the available £152 million "agrimoney" compensation for beef, sheep and dairy farmers, arising from the drop in incomes for the year 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin