UK: Foot and Mouth ban necessary evil but will devastate farmers
The temporary ban on exports of live animals, meat from Britain will be devastating for farmers but is a necessary evil to control the spread of foot and mouth disease, the NFU said today. Reacting to the announcement, NFU President Ben Gill said farmers will do whatever it takes to stop the disease turning into the complete catastrophe of the 1960s.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast