AUSTRALIA: Foot and mouth breaking the quarantine bank
The efforts of the Australian Quarantine & Inspection Service (AQIS) to ensure that foot and mouth disease does not enter the country are costing nearly A$2m every month. As the highly contagious foot and mouth (FMD) virus spreads across Europe, quarantine measures were stepped up significantly. According to these latest cost estimates however, AQIS is now spending double its operational budget.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega