UK: Foot and Mouth - Chief vet emphasises the need for continued vigilance
Speaking at his regular weekly meeting with interested parties, the Chief Veterinary Officer, Jim Scudamore, made the following statement on Friday (9 March): "Foot-and-mouth outbreak is back on the front page, there have been signs that some people felt that the problem was over, and that the tight controls under which the country has been operating were no longer required. This could have caused some complacency in observing the rules.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea