EU/SWEDEN: Foot and mouth costs EU budget dear
EU Health Commissioner David Byrne said on Tuesday that the foot-and-mouth disease outbreak in Europe has already cost the EU budget €250m (US$225m). Byrne told a meeting of EU agriculture ministers in Sweden that he expected the final figure would be much higher. The figure includes the indirect costs due to the ban on EU meat imports which many countries have imposed because of the outbreak.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group