EU/SWEDEN: Foot and mouth costs EU budget dear
EU Health Commissioner David Byrne said on Tuesday that the foot-and-mouth disease outbreak in Europe has already cost the EU budget €250m (US$225m). Byrne told a meeting of EU agriculture ministers in Sweden that he expected the final figure would be much higher. The figure includes the indirect costs due to the ban on EU meat imports which many countries have imposed because of the outbreak.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea