EU/SWEDEN: Foot and mouth costs EU budget dear
EU Health Commissioner David Byrne said on Tuesday that the foot-and-mouth disease outbreak in Europe has already cost the EU budget €250m (US$225m). Byrne told a meeting of EU agriculture ministers in Sweden that he expected the final figure would be much higher. The figure includes the indirect costs due to the ban on EU meat imports which many countries have imposed because of the outbreak.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods